- What inspired you to pursue a career in mixed martial arts and join Fight Academy Ireland?
I was training bjj and always wanted to pursue mma and fai was the best place at the time and I haven’t looked back since
- How has training at Fight Academy Ireland helped shape you as a fighter and contributed to your growth in the sport?
From day one to now almost 10 years later shando and pat have always been very supportive and always pushing us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be and really caring for each individual fighter , Iv trained different coaches over the years and none of them come close to the support and care for every fighter that fai has , they have brought me from 2-1 amateur to now fighting on the biggest professional promotion in Europe and it’s all down to them
- Who are your role models or sources of inspiration in the world of MMA?
Always been my coach’s they have lead me in the right direction , shando pat and Donard mcnally without there guidance I wouldn’t be a pro fighter or have the skills Theyv all showed me
- What is the most challenging aspect of being a professional fighter, and how do you overcome those challenges?
The hardest part I would say is trying to work and pay bills while also trying to be a fighter but because of all the skills my coaches have taught me over the years I’m able to have a job coaching mma which helps me be able to work it around training
- How do you balance your training schedule with other aspects of your life, such as work or family?
Luckily my job can let me work different times through the day which means I can train in the morning or evening and work and family time in between
- Are there any rituals or superstitions you follow before a fight?
Get my hole the morning of the fight oj 😂😂
Not usually I’m not really into that type of thing I just like to keep my normal routine and as long as I’m around my coaches and teammates having a laugh on fight week that’s when I perform best
- How do you stay motivated and driven during tough times or setbacks in your career?
I have the best coaches who always are there to help any situations and understand things going on my life which helps me still drive to get better and keep training because the gym has a great environment always having a laugh which makes it so much more enjoyable to want to train everyone’s there to help each other